About the position
- Retail sales
- Shifts: Sunday and Monday
- Basic duties include: opening/closing the shop, answering customer questions, running the register, restocking and straightening shelves, receiving inventory, shipping orders, etc.
What we offer
- $18 per hour
- Employee discount
- Be part of Maine's growing sustainable aquaculture scene
- Locally owned and owner operated
- Ask us about our current Covid precautions and policies
Email us and include the following:
- Availability (start date and days of week)
About the shop
Heritage Seaweed is a boutique specialty shop in downtown Portland. We specialize in all things seaweed. Specifically: Maine-made specialty foods, teas, bath and body products, candles and art. We also carry books, blank cards, sustainable drinkware, oyster accoutrements, home goods, kids' books, shaving gear & many other Maine gifts.
We're a locally owned business supporting Maine's working waterfront -- as well as its artisan food makers, craftspeople and fine artists. In fact, roughly 80% of our items are made right here in Maine. Please stop in and get to know Maine's (and the world's) next big thing: seaweed!
Want to learn more? Watch: HGTV shop tour & owner interview