Work With Us!
About the position
Retail sales, weekly on Saturdays 10-5. Basic duties include opening/closing the shop, answering customer questions, running the register, restocking and straightening shelves.
What we offer
- $12 per hour
- 4 paid sick days per year based on full-time hours (accrued quarterly, part-time hours are pro-rated)
- Employee discount
- Locally owned and owner operated
- Immersion in Maine's growing aquaculture scene
About the shop
Heritage Seaweed is a boutique specialty shop in downtown Portland. We specialize in all things seaweed. Specifically: Maine-made specialty foods, teas, bath and body products, candles and art. We also carry books, blank cards, sustainable drinkware, oyster accoutrements, home goods, kids' books, shaving gear & many other Maine gifts.
We're a locally owned business supporting Maine's working waterfront -- as well as its artisan food makers, craftspeople and fine artists. In fact, roughly 80% of our items are made right here in Maine. Please stop in and get to know Maine's (and the world's) next big thing: seaweed!
How we work
We embrace Google’s findings on the 5 requirements for an effective team (more info):
- Psychological Safety: Team members feel safe to take risks and be vulnerable in front of each other.
- Dependability: Team members get things done on time and with a high bar of excellence.
- Structure & Clarity: Team members have clear roles, plans and goals.
- Meaning: Work is personally meaningful to team members.
- Impact: Team members think their work matters and creates change.
Send an email to josh@ and include:
- A brief, informal email telling us why you think you'd be a good fit
- Professional resume
- 3 professional references, preferably previous managers