Seaweed should be the opposite of a panic buy.
Harvested from the cold, pristine waters of the Gulf of Maine, it's always right here for you.
That said, right now may be a great time to restock.
If you're a recurring customer: Thank you! Small businesses like ours rely on and appreciate your support at times like these.
If you're a newbie: Now's really a perfect opportunity to start cooking with seaweed!
- 10X higher in minerals than most vegetables
- Broad spectrum of around 60 minerals
- Vitamin K
- DHA omega oils
- Essential amino acids
- Anti-inflammatory agents
- Digestive aids
- Very long shelf life
- Culinarily versatile
- Delicious umami flavor
Best of all: You don't need a recipe.
Easy things you can do with a dried seaweed like wakame (pictured):
- Snip pieces into broth, soup, chowder, pasta, rice, bean or egg dishes
- Steam it like would a green like spinach
- Soak a few leaves in room temp water for 10-15 minutes and chop for salad
- Brew some for an herbal wellness tea
How do you use wakame in your kitchen?